Professional Teeth Cleanings
Consistently maintaining your oral hygiene is vital to avoiding dental problems and possibly serious health issues. While regularly brushing and flossing is necessary, you should also visit your dentist for regular cleanings at least twice a year. Teeth cleanings are key to detecting and correcting initial problems such as cavities and gingivitis before they escalate into more serious issues. Not only will stopping these problems early save you time and pain, but money as well. At A Better Smile, we provide comfortable dental cleanings specifically to detect, deter and prevent gum disease.
What Occurs During a Teeth Cleaning?
- • Our standard cleaning procedure involves removing tartar and plaque above and below your gum line. After removing these bacteria build-ups, we also polish your teeth and apply fluoride.
- • We also use this process as an opportunity to check for dental problems such as cavity development, evidence of gum disease and possible signs of oral cancer.
- • If gum disease is discovered, we may recommend a deep gum cleaning to eliminate bacteria deep below the gum line. A local anesthetic is administered with this as well, so you will feel no pain.
Why Are Teeth Cleanings are Important?
- • To discover and treat problems (cavities, broken teeth, decay, etc.) before they become problematic.
- • To check for signs of gum disease and begin treatment if necessary. Untreated gum disease has been linked to a number of health issues including heart disease, diabetes and strokes.
- • To perform an oral cancer screening and begin any necessary treatment ASAP.
- • Dental cleanings improve bad breath.
To improve and maintain not just your oral health, but overall health as well, schedule a teeth cleaning with our office today. Call us at 918-245-5800!